CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

8.03.2008

Automaton

Okay, on the whole hunger/uncertainty thing - I'm eating way better, but sometimes get the icy fingers of fear at unexpected moments. But I'm not burying them under food, which is a huge improvement. Of course now it's almost easy to NOT eat, which is very strange for me, and not any more beneficial than overeating.

I used to have a standard lunch before I got pregnant with Aile, and I've been wanting to go back to it, but have been busy with the shovel (you know, burying), but maybe now's the time. Dr. Oz says the more automatic you can make your meals, the more consistent you become and the more weight you'll lose.

In case you're wondering (and I can tell that you are because I'm Oprah) the lunch is a small salad plate with as many veggies as I can shove on it, a string cheese for protein and fat, 1 slice of whole wheat or rye bread, and 1-2 tbsp of veggie dip (more fat because I'm nursing, and I just like fat, and if I'm going to eat that many veggies they have to taste fairly good). Oh, and a Coke. Because I'm not getting through the day without one. Very filling, and if you cut all the veggies up at once and put them in individual baggies then it's very quick too - and that's a requirement for me.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

It is so true what the Dr. said about having automatic meals. 3 meals, 2-3 light snacks. Same time, same place, and I have heard that even eating the same thing (aka. a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, and in my case, a salad) every day can help your body to burn the food more efficiently. Now, I don't know whether or not that is entirely true but at least it takes out the guess work for me. That is just what I eat so I don't even have to ponder whether or not to eat fatty something for breakfast or fatty something else for lunch. Then, as far as dinner goes, eat whatever you want, just dont OVEREAT. There's the formula....at least, that is what I have heard.

Melanie said...

One more comment. I have this uncle that is a sports therapist and just got his Doctorate in exercise health something....who knows. Anyway, I asked him if he could set a diet and workout routine for me because I am always hearing contradicting information about what is good and what is not. He said this....."Exercise 4-5 times a week and don't overeat. Small portions and when you are satisfied....not full....stop eating no matter what is left on your plate (even veggies). That's the key according to him. He makes it sound so easy doesn't he.

Holly said...

I have a friend who went on a diet where she let herself eat whatever she wanted but only the serving size. Then she exercised three times a day for twenty minutes. (swim in the morning, jump on a trampoline in the afternoon, walk with the family in the evening). She lost 17 pounds in a month and she wasn't very overweight to begin with.
Evidently if you exercise like that it keeps your body ramped up because it's expending energy all the time so it never bothers to come down from the exercise high. Or you catch it in time, or something.

As for eating easy things, YES, cut them up when you get home. I'm sure eating the same boring crap for breakfast and lunch would work but I think I would get so bored I would sneak (who do I think I'm hiding it from? my butt is the only one who knows!) crap in between my boring meals.

I have to outsmart myself which is hard because I am in here with my thought process. grrr!!!

AND (this is long!) if you want to be skinny, act like a skinny person. It sounds dumb but it works; if you eat the foods you think a skinny person would eat, and exercise the way you think a skinny person would, you will get there. As long as your thoughts aren't completely off base.

I have my own skinny person to try to emulate and it's working!

just a thought. could be a coincidence