Okay, so I gave in........
I weighed myself this morning!
Four weeks of not knowing and it's just.......nice to know.
I woke up this morning and felt pretty good. I was headed to the gym before breakfast and had just relieved my body of excess weight (uhum......sorry for the info). I told Rob that whatever the scale said was fine because I was feeling okay with myself.....and that makes all the difference in the weighing game.
Rob and I talked about a possible range I hoped to be in.
Anything less than 150lbs and anything under 153. If the scales tipped over 153 I was not going to move the slider any higher. I was just going to take it from there, do my best for the next 2,3,4 weeks and check again.
Good news though.........
148 lbs
So.......for now, I'm good. Even with all of the junk I have eaten (that I have berated myself over and over for).
It's funny......I have always eaten this way (good....mostly with an "occasional"(he he) treat on the side) and I have always been 150 lbs. So why now do I feel like it's not enough?
Satan has been working hard on me. He is using my body against me. He's jealous because he doesn't have one so he's trying to get me to ruin mine. What a jerk.
So.......I will continue to fight the mental battle and I WILL overcome it some day.
I challenge all of you to not fall into his trap either. We can be happy without looking like supermodels (they are airbrushed anyway). The world wants us to think that we can't be happy if we don't look like that. It's not true.
We should strive to be HEALTHY not SKINNY!
Take a minute to really think about that.
11.25.2008
I took the plunge
Posted by Melanie at 11:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Good on ya for doing it and looking for a range instead of a specific number! Because you're maintaining instead of trying to lose big weight (like 40 lbs) I think that a range is what is healthy. Because healthy people's weight will fluctuate within a given range for them (like 5 lbs or so I've heard).
Is it wrong to strive to be healthy AND skinny?
Post a Comment