CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1.13.2010

I want to be thin again

This originally started out as a comment on Sheena's post (see below), but as it grew massively I decided it needed to be it's own post....

I like Sheena's plan. I am attempting to also get a plan. Currently I am in negotiations with Sugar. I keep telling Sugar that I am willing to eat it if it will in return pass straight thru my system without installing itself in my fat cells. But Sugar's all, "I can't do that, it's physically impossible for that to happen". And I'm all, "But if you really loved me you'd do this for me". And then Sugar comes back with, "Have some freakin' self-control and only eat me in moderation". I think at this point Sugar may be winning at the negotiation table. Heartless Sugar.

But maybe, just maybe I can come back with......Splenda! Splenda is not sugar, Splenda is a sugar SUBSTITUTE. Which means I can eat more with fewer consequences (don't burst my illogical bubble on this one). And, LOTS OF THINGS CONTAIN SPLENDA. (I like saying it: Splenda. Splenda. Splenda. It just sounds so splendid!) Because honestly, I think for about 3 weeks a month I could probably just shun sugar, but then I'd get to that 4th week (which is actually the week I'm in now, sorry, TMI) when all the wires get crossed and I feel like I will quite possibly implode if I don't have sugar in my system RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!!!! And it's at that point that I know that I will fail.

Which is a very long and rambling way to say I'm going on a Splenda diet. Also, I'm giving up red meat and pork, because my body doesn't like them as well as it likes chicken. Also also, I bought the Wii Active because I'm feeling stubborn about getting up in the morning to workout, but I do have a small window of time when I'm home from school and the kids are napping that I could squeeze something in. And right now, anything is better than nothing. Perhaps someday I will do both. We'll see.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

good luck, good luck, good luck. At least Splenda isn't known to cause cancer (yet). Enjoy the bandwagon. I just sent Rob to the store for an "extra-large-chocolate-something"...yum.

Sheena said...

It is comments like Mel's that make me wish I was pregnant! Just not enough to actually get there....

Good for you. I wish I had a Wii Fit/Active whatever. Also, about sugar. In the past, when Roy and I have banned sugar from our lives, we usually allow it back in for one day on the weekend. This is an attempt to avoid the deprived feeling that eventually leads to excessive bingeing. (How do you spell binging? I have just retyped it like 3 times... huh.)