CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1.15.2012

Wellwellwell

Look who's back!
Okay, I'm jumping right in.  I have issues.  I hate to exercise.  I'm not motivated.  I lie in bed and make up reasons not to go.
This weekend hubs and I had a talk and we both committed to lose weight.  It's not that I don't want to lose weight.  TRUST ME.  It is that I apparently don't want to lose it bad enough to actually do any work for it.  But I'm recommitting.
Again.
Only this time, instead of saying, "I'm going to lose 30 pounds."  I'm saying, "Here's my vigorous workout routine.  I'm going to do it this week."  Then I plan to do it for a week.  I'm hoping that at the end of the week I can say, "Well, that wasn't so bad.  I will do it this week too."  And so on until I've done it for a month.  Then I can evaluate and see how things are working out.  (ie if the only thing shrinking is my cup size it is obviously not working out)  Also, I'm telling you in a hope that internet peer pressure will help.
So this week I have decided to start hard and heavy because 'easing back into it' has been my excuse for 6 months now.  How hard and heavy you ask?  Well, here you go:

Monday: 30 minutes Elliptical - weights: arms - 30 minutes Elliptical
Tuesday: Couch to 5K - Step class
Wednesday: 30 minutes elliptical - weights: back/shoulders - 30 minutes elliptical
Thursday: Couch to 5K - Bodyworks class - weights: legs
Friday: Couch to 5K - Step class

This might be insane.  As I type it out I think it looks crazier than it is.  Then when I read it I think maybe it isn't so crazy.  Is it enough?  I'm only planning an hour and a half at the gym.  The thing is, I need to see results.  I'm not seeing results with what I'm doing which makes it harder to want to go which makes it harder to see results and so on and so forth.  It is a terrible downward spiral which has contributed to my gain of 32 lbs since A was born.  More than that is my lack of energy lately.  I don't think it is all due to not exercising but that's certainly not helping.  If I'm going to be out of energy at least I'll have burned some calories before hand.  Hubs and I have also committed to being treat free.  I refuse to be sugar free.  Mainly because we eat hot cereal in the morning and if I can't have brown sugar on my oat bran then what is the point in living.
That may be a bit over dramatic.  But still.  Whole grain cereals are good and if I need a couple tsp of sugar to make them go down so be it.  Better than Coco Puffs
Alright.  So.  Any words of encouragement?   I have to try something and it seems time for something drastic.
Oh, and in case you are wondering, I'm 5'3" and 160 lbs.  More than I weighed when I was full term with #1.
Val, could you invite me to be a contributor at sapyatt at gmail because that is what I use to log on for my other blog and it would be nice to have them both on the same log in.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Sheena...when I saw someone had posted last night I figured it had been you...because I read the post on your family blog. :)

I think rigorous is okay. Just don't be discouraged when you get sore. Keep going...work through it....the best way to get "unsore" is to warm up and work it out...oh...and drink lots of water. Make sure you are eating potassium and eating some protein when you are done with your workout. Anything else?

Oh...and remember that 80% of weight loss is actually what you eat. Just take things in moderation. I don't believe in not eating any sugar, either. Moderation, moderation, moderation. GO GO GO!

Valerie said...

You can DOOOOOO it!!!!! I'm here for you, just really really far away. But over here cheering you on! I can call you everyday and make sure you went to the gym if that helps ;)

Andrea said...

You're plan sounds awesome! Don't get discouraged, I just told Garry today that I need to get in the gym routine again, especially since we're paying for it, and haven't been since Thanksgiving. You can do it!