CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1.19.2009

Weekend Update

So after all the puke, and various other bodily function problems, and laziness of last week I got back into the swing of things this morning. My partner didn't come with me so I spent a little extra time at the gym this morning. I did all my regular workout (eliptical program and weights), and just for fun I spent a little time running on the treadmill. I only ran a mile and walked another half-mile to cool down, but it didn't hurt my knees and since I did it after the eliptical I actually felt myself getting a second wind, and was able to kick the treadmill up to 5 mph (stop laughing) for the entire mile instead of running at 4.5 mph which is what I usually (never) do when I run (never, ever, ever).

Plus, because I get seasonal depression in the winter with the lack of sunlight, and since it's been nonstop fog for the last three weeks I'm back on my happy pills. Hopefully they'll keep me getting out of bed and going to the gym instead of feeling like it's all useless anyway.

And on the pop challenge....I know it's my challenge but I am stinking up the place with my lack of compliance. Actually, I'm stepping down slowly; one Coke yesterday instead of two, 1/2 coke this morning and I dumped the rest. I don't need a caffeine withdrawal headache. But, I'm planning on being Coke free by tomorrow. Wednesday at the latest. ;)

1 comments:

Melanie said...

I want you to know that we went out the other night (about 20 minutes after I read and commented on your "challenge" and I did it......I went without drinking any pop......Not that it is all that usual for me but when I go out I do sip some of Rob or the kids sometimes. So......thanks.

Way to jump back on the bandwagon. Progress is progress. Good job dumping the rest of the coke. I remember when I was coming off of Pepsi. It took a few weeks to get used to. Good luck!